This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to inspect and test fire protection equipment in the field. It is aimed at fire protection technicians responsible for non-trade installation and regular servicing of fire protection equipment.
This qualification requires successful completion of 13 units of competency consisting of 7 core units and 6 elective units. The elective units have been selected based on industry requirements.
• BSBOPS203 Deliver a service to customers
• BSBPEF202 Plan and apply time management
• CPCCMN2002 Participate in workplace safety arrangements
• CPPFES2004 Identify and report on types of installed fire safety equipment and systems
• CPPFES2005 Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment
• CPPFES2006 Prepare for installation and servicing operations
• CPPFES2007 Maintain quality of work and promote continuous improvement
• CPPFES2003 Safely move loads and dangerous goods
• MSMWHS212 Undertake first response to fire incidents
• CPPFES2010 Inspect and test fire hose reels
• CPPFES2020 Conduct routine inspection and testing of fire extinguishers and fire blankets
• CPPFES2021 Inspect, test and maintain fire extinguishers
• HLTAID011 Provide first aid
• Provide photo I.D on entry
• Unless exempt, provide a verifiable USI number
• Be physically fit and healthy with capacity to perform manual tasks
• Be able to read, write, communicate orally, and understand and interpret complex information and situations
• Interact with others and work under pressure
• Dress appropriately i.e., long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots/closed in shoes, safety glasses
Please ensure you read our Student Handbook for further information on our policies, procedures, terms, and program conditions.
This course is delivered over eight (8) days and consists of classroom-based theory learning with practical based activities.
Assessment includes written and/or multiple-choice knowledge assessment and practical based skills assessments.
On successful completion participants will receive a nationally recognised qualification for:
• CPP20521 Certificate II in Fire Protection Inspection and Testing
To ensure your skills and knowledge are maintained it is critical you undertake regular skills maintenance training. Where there is no licence or legislated expiry the industry standard for skills maintenance is every two (2) years.