This course is for those who perform work at height and enter and work in confined spaces and require skills maintenance training.
The course includes the review of the following:
• Legislative requirements
• Hazard identification and risk assessment
• Methods to work safely at heights
• Fall protection systems and equipment
• Equipment inspections • Inspect and install fall protection and edge protection equipment • Engineered safety systems
• Safe practices when working on/with scaffold, ladders, elevated working platforms
• Fall restraint and arrest systems
• Suspension intolerance and emergency procedures
• Confined space permits and procedures
• Atmospheric testing and monitoring
• Rescue and incident response
• Common chemical asphyxiates, irritant, corrosives and flammable gasses
• Provide a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights or equivalent, RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces or equivalent, MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit or equivalent, MSMPER202 Observe permit work or equivalent and MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres or equivalent
• Not suffer from acrophobia (fear of heights)
• Not suffer from claustrophobia (fear of confined spaces)
• Provide photo I.D on entry
• Unless exempt, provide a verifiable USI number
• Be physically fit and healthy with capacity to perform manual tasks
• Be able to read, write, communicate orally, and understand and interpret complex information and situations
• Be able to interact with others and work under pressure
• Dress appropriately i.e., long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots/closed in shoes, safety glasses
Please ensure you read our Student Handbook for further information on our policies, procedures, terms, and program conditions.
If you are unsure if you require learning support, SDS can provide access to a LLN assessment that identifies if any learning support is needed. Please ensure you inform the training team on registration, if you fail to inform the training team at registration, learning support may not be available on the day of training.
This course is delivered over one (1) day and consists of classroom-based theory learning with practical based activities.
$320.00 (No GST applicable)
Assessment includes written and/or multiple-choice knowledge assessment and practical based skills assessments.
On successful completion of all assessment requirements participants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
• RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights
• RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
• MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
• MSMPER202 Observe permit work
• MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
To ensure your skills and knowledge are maintained it is critical you undertake regular skills maintenance training. Where there is no licence or legislated expiry the industry standard for skills maintenance is every two (2) years for those regularly performing work at heights.