This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to select and use specialised equipment in the provision of resuscitation and oxygen therapy in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
This course applies to workers who may be required to provide medical first response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings where resuscitation and oxygen therapy may be required.
The course covers the following:
• Recognise and respond to an emergency
• Assessing casualties and recognising the need for CPR, advanced resuscitation response or oxygen therapy
• Techniques for managing life threating bleeding
• Performing CPR in line with ARC guidelines
• Providing oxygen therapy including selecting and preparing correct oxygen equipment, checking area for ventilation and sources of ignition, and administering oxygen safely at correct flow rate
• Accurately conveying information to emergency services and site personnel
• Perform uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on an infant manikin and adult manikin on the floor and use of an AED in line with procedures.
• Provide photo I.D on entry
• Unless exempt, provide a verifiable USI number
• Be physically fit and healthy with capacity to perform manual tasks
• Be able to read, write, communicate orally, and understand and interpret complex information and situations
• Interact with others and work under pressure
• Dress appropriately i.e., long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots/closed in shoes, safety glasses
Please ensure you read our Student Handbook for further information on our policies, procedures, terms, and program conditions.
If you are unsure if you require learning support, SDS can provide access to a LLN assessment that identifies if any learning support is needed. Please ensure you inform the training team on registration, if you fail to inform the training team at registration, learning support may not be available on the day of training.
Self-Paced Online Learning
Participants will be required to undertake pre course learning and successfully complete an online multiple-choice assessment. This must be completed prior to attending the classroom session. The estimated time to complete the online component is approximately 2-4 hours.
One (1) day and consists of classroom-based theory learning with practical based activities.
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
$300.00 (No GST applicable). Prices subject to change.
Assessment includes written and/or multiple-choice knowledge assessment and practical based skills assessments.
On successful completion participants will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment for:
• HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
• HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To ensure your skills and knowledge are maintained it is critical you undertake regular skills maintenance training. The Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines recommend retraining in CPR at least annually.