This course is for those who enter and work in confined spaces in accordance with issued permits and interpret atmospheric readings and require skills maintenance training.
The course includes the review of the following:
• Legislative requirements, exposure standards and workplace procedures
• Identify areas that constitute confined spaces
• Access and apply hazard controls
• Ensure correct permits and procedures are in place
• Work in accordance with an issued permit
• Select appropriate tools, equipment and PPE for the task
• Correctly enter and work in a confined space
• Control and observe the permit site
• Prepare and implement rescue/incident response
• Atmosphere testing and monitoring, including preparation and maintenance of equipment
• Common chemical asphyxiates, irritant, corrosives and flammable gases
• Conditions under which atmospheres become hazardous
• Units of measurement used to express concentration of atmospheric contaminants
• Exiting a confined space and accurately completing the confined space entry permit
• Apply and remove tagging and lockout
• Provide a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces or equivalent, MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit or equivalent, MSMPER202 Observe permit work or equivalent and MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres or equivalent
• Not suffer from claustrophobia (fear of confined spaces)
• Provide photo I.D on entry
• Unless exempt, provide a verifiable USI number
• Be physically fit and healthy with capacity to perform manual tasks
• Be able to read, write, communicate orally, and understand and interpret complex information and situations
• Be able to interact with others and work under pressure
• Dress appropriately i.e., long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots/closed in shoes, safety glasses
Please ensure you read our Student Handbook for further information on our policies, procedures, terms, and program conditions.
If you are unsure if you require learning support, SDS can provide access to a LLN assessment that identifies if any learning support is needed. Please ensure you inform the training team on registration, if you fail to inform the training team at registration, learning support may not be available on the day of training.
This course is delivered over half a day and consists of classroom-based theory learning with practical based activities.
$180.00 (No GST applicable)
Assessment includes written and/or multiple-choice knowledge assessment and practical based skills assessments.
On successful completion of all assessment requirements participants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
• RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
• MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
• MSMPER202 Observe permit work
• MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
To ensure your skills and knowledge are maintained it is critical you undertake regular skills maintenance training. Where there is no licence or legislated expiry the industry standard for skills maintenance is every two (2) years.