This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to inspect and test first response fire equipment including fire extinguishers, blankets and hose reels and replace hoses and drums. The replacement procedures apply to existing risers fitted with a control valve.
This course applies to all workers who may be required to inspect, test and replace first response fire equipment, except where such functions are restricted to licenced trades or occupations.
The course covers the following:
• Rules and regulations to service operations
• Inspecting and testing fire hose reels and extinguishers and installation location
• Inspecting fire blankets
• Replace fire hoses and drums, according to manufacturer’s instructions, relevant Australian Standards, legislative, industry and customer requirements
• Maintaining equipment and tools
• Ensuring relevant documentation is completed according to relevant Australian Standards and workplace requirements
• Provide photo I.D on entry
• Unless exempt, provide a verifiable USI number
• Be physically fit and healthy with capacity to perform manual tasks
• Be able to read, write, communicate orally, and understand and interpret complex information and situations
• Be able to interact with others and work under pressure
• Dress appropriately i.e., long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots/closed in shoes, safety glasses
Please ensure you read our Student Handbook for further information on our policies, procedures, terms, and program conditions.
If you are unsure if you require learning support, SDS can provide access to a LLN assessment that identifies if any learning support is needed. Please ensure you inform the training team on registration, if you fail to inform the training team at registration, learning support may not be available on the day of training.
This course is delivered over two (2) days and consists of classroom-based theory learning with practical based activities.
$400.00 (No GST applicable)
Assessment includes written and/or multiple-choice knowledge assessment and practical based skills assessments.
On successful completion of all assessment requirements participants will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for:
• CPPFES2010 Inspect and test fire hose reels
• CPPFES2020 Conduct routine inspections and testing of fire extinguishers and fire blankets
To ensure your skills and knowledge are maintained it is critical you undertake regular skills maintenance training. Where there is no licence or legislated expiry the industry standard for skills maintenance is every two (2) years.